This saying is definitely true in the relation towards giving up smoking.
So you have just quit smoking, now everything is fine. Think again.
Here is some information that I have researched.
When you quit smoking, in:
- 20 minutes your blood pressure will return to normal.
- 8 hours the carbon monoxide levels in your blood will drop by half, and oxygen will return to normal.
- 48 hours your chance of a heart attack will start to lower very slowly, all nicotine will leave your body, your sense of taste and smell will return to normal.
- 72 hours your bronchial tubes will start to relax in your lungs
- 2 weeks your circulation will increase in the next 10 weeks
- 3-9 months coughs, wheezing and breathing problems will disappear, your lung capacity improves by 10%
- 1 year your chance of having a heart attack will decrease by 50%
- 5 years your chance of having a stroke will return to that of a non-smoker
- 10 years your chance of having lung cancer will return to that of a non-smoker
- 15 years your chance of having a heart attack will return to that of a non-smoker
Quit smoking now!